Thursday, December 17, 2009

Captain Beatfart Podcast #4: A Feast Of Festive Flatulence

Photobucket


I've never been a big fan of Christmas music. Diggers with dusty fingers know thrift shops' vinyl sections are littered with all kinds of horrible Christmas detritus that one has a hard time anyone ever bought in the first place. 

Lately, though, after stumbling upon a bunch of really cool tracks, my opinion of Christmas music has softened. With this mix, I wanted to compile all the greatest Christmas songs I could cram into an hour. I tried to eschew a lot of the obvious classics like Vince Guaraldi and "Christmas In Hollis" in favor of tracks you probably won't hear very often during the season (although the Canned Heat track is probably familiar to most people).

Here's the tracklisting:

The Joy Strings - O Little Town Of Bethlehem
Sun Ra & The Qualities - It's Christmas Time
Milly & Silly - Gettin' Down For Xmas
Harvey Averne Band - Let's Get It Together This Christmas
Hector Lavoe - Una Pena En Navidad
Captain Beatfart vs. The Chipmunks
Eazy-E - Merry Muthafucking Xmas
Hard Call Xmas - My Christmas Bells
Quad City DJs, 69 Boys & K-Nock - What I Want For Christmas
James Brown - Hey America
The Sonics - Don't Believe In Christmas
The Fall - Jingle Bell Rock
Nathaniel Mayer - Mr. Santa Claus
Clarence Carter - Back Door Santa
The Twistin' Kings - Xmas Twist
Canned Heat - Christmas Blues
Blues Magoos - Jingle Bells
Was (Not Was) - Christmas Time In The Motor City
Julian Casablancas - I Wish It Was Christmas Today
Ramones - Merry Christmas (I Don't Want To Fight Tonight)
The Kinks - Father Christmas
Electric Jungle - Funky Funky Christmas
Frogs - Here Comes Santa's Pussy
Alan Vega - No More Christmas Blues


HAPPY FESTIVUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment